I suggest you ...

Email Integration

Create a system to securely email notes to doctors from TheraOffice as well as send unsecured emails to patients for marketing purposes.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminRyan (Vice President, Hands On Technology Inc.) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • charan chadha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ryan,

Not only are faxing documents and confirming receipt of those faxes going to become irrelevant, but we have been asked by physician's offices to no longer fax them but email.

I would like to piggyback on the whole email theme with an overall email integration not only to doctor's offices but to patients as well. These would include birthdays, newsletters , and such. Currently, there is an email data question already part of the system. Other than the feature to email appointments, this could be a great marketing tool for those of us with little marketing budget dollars.

Please consider both integrations as they would both be highly successful in achieving their intention.

Charan Chadha
    Bounce Back PT

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having lots of Physicians requesting this as well...please make it happen soon. Other clinics in town are doing it...we want to keep the referrals coming. Thank you!

• Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will it be possible to email statements? Not one patient at a time but by batch.

• AdminRyan (Vice President, Hands On Technology Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should have the email appointment reminders up soon. I don't think we'll be doing anything as far as emailing documentation though - per HIPAA you can't really email document without having them encrypted. So the doc would have to have an encryption key to decrypt the emails, etc..

• Melissa Cola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great paper saver! Also if when you e-mail out anything, if the system could keep a history that would be wonderful. Then you would have compliance data for Plan of Care's, etc..

• AdminRyan (Vice President, Hands On Technology Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The email integration is 99.9% done on the development side, we're just waiting for some final IT work setting up servers, etc. Hopefully this will be out shortly. I'm sorry that you are having issues with MyFax, If you need our assistance when that happens, please let us know and maybe we can talk to MyFax to find out why they are failing.

• Derek Overly, Therapy West commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need an efficient way to disseminate patient evals and notes to physicians and home health agencies. We purchased an account with Myfax and are using the integration. More often than not the fax fails, unbeknown to us unless we log into Myfax and we are left assuming the fax went through. Myfax support is not proactive in helping us identify the problem. I believe an email integration would be much more reliable. The software we left for Theraoffice had an email integration, one of the few features we really liked. Anything you can do to expedite this email integration is greatly appreciated.

You are correct, if there is patient identifiable health information (name, SSN, diagnosis, etc). in the email, or the attachments, they do need to be encrypted to be HIPAA complaint. So - for sending notes to doctors, there would have to be some level of security on the email. For marketing purposes though or friendly reminders to patients about appointments, emails can be sent unencrypted.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm worried about possible HIPAA issues with this. Perhaps encrypt these emails somehow. Or password protect them somehow?

For example, I use a phone reminder service that each morning emails to me a report of the results of the calls. These pdf files are always password protected. Each company they send it to has its own unique password.

• Armin Loges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NOT ONLY TO EMAIL PHYSICIANS, BUT THE PATIENTS THEMSELVES, ATTORNEYS, CASE MANAGERS, WORKCOMP ETC....

Feedback and Knowledge Base