I suggest you ...

Ability to Print Patient Balance per Case with deductible and copay/coinsurance info displayed

In patient billing, create the ability to print statements by case. And show deductible information along with copay and coinsurance info. Allow all payments made by patients to be viewed.

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Karen S Shuler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karen S Shuler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope this is in the works pronto!! Deductible information is so needed! I spend a lot of time explaining to patients what applied to deductible. Lovely Bluecross does not process dates in order so it confuses the patient especially since the deductible column is not present. Please add this soon :) Also, I agree with Patricia, the detailed statement is way too busy to give to patients so we do not use that one even though it does show deductible. How about for the patient statements being printed by case, it would maybe be appropriate to have it default to always print together but maybe within the patient case itself have the option to turn on statement by case for a specific patient. Make it a check box.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When posting an EOB, the deductible information is entered into the software, but that information doesn't go anywhere useful. There should be a column that shows up on the patient statements as well as a counter/field in patient totals.

• AdminRyan (Vice President, Hands On Technology Inc.) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the problem we may have is that we have designed it so that multiple case's visits can go into a patient statement - thus eliminating multiple statements going to the patient for the same time period. (EX: if you do monthly billing, most people want to only send 1 statement to a patient at a time). So - I don't know if we could really change it so that you could create statements per case, unless it was a feature that would allow you do that during statement generation. (Any thoughts anyone?)

As far the deductible, copay and coinsurance amounts on the statements, I think we're hearing this a lot now. We'll probably add this feature pretty soon as an optional statement type.

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate the deductible specificity on the statements. I currently have to manually print a Microsoft Word document over the patient statement to explain special information, such as "this balance has been applied to your deductible". I realize if I utilized the Detailed statement it would remove the necessity of the special note, however when there is a high deductible and patients receive more than a few visits it is enough to make me dizzy looking at the detailed page. I prefer each line showing one visit but sometimes need the deductible information. If there could be a deductible column it would be fabulous!

• Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be priceless! I have patient's that have multiple car accidents etc.. And being able to select just one of their cases to print a bill would be so helpful for us!

Feedback and Knowledge Base