I suggest you ...

Be able to take partial copays

Be able to take partial copays without having to combine them into one copay.

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lauren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lindi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature to add. Patients make a partial co-payment for a variety of reasons: they make an error, there is a discrepancy in what they say is their copay, the insurance company gives us wrong information when we verify, etc etc. As the program stands it is impossible to record a second payment clearly and easily making it difficult to record in any way that makes sense to the patient and is easy for staff. This should be a priority to fix. It is a very basic need.

• Karen S Shuler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give the ability to pull more than one payment into copay. I would suggest when clicking on "copay" in patients case, when you pull down the payment section and select the payment you want, if the amount is less than what is expected to be collecting the system gives you a pop up that says " apply additional payment?" and gives you another drop down of payment line options to pull from to select another payment. This would then show on any payment report we print for the patient which two etc. payments were used to make the copay amount.

• Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really dread looking at my patient outstanding balance! With the Coinsurance/Deductible estimator, which in general I like but it can be improved upon, I now have a lot of unbalanced dates of service. Some with credit and other with a portion of the outstanding balance. I either have to manually add all the credits and debit and balance it out or remove ALL the coinsurance payments and apply them as regular patient payment to apply payments across more than one DOS. Removing the coinsurance payment will add credit to the account which can be applied to other dates but if you don't apply it then there is no way of know that you have credit on a patient's account without opening it. Meaning that if you print out statements the patients credit will not show up. So if you're going to have to play around with moving CoIns/Copay payment around to balance out your statement, make sure it's uninterrupted time.

• TLPT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have some patients who prefer to pay a couple of visits ahead. It would also be nice if you could set a copay payment to automatically apply to upcoming visits.

• Karen S Shuler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have patients who have copay and coinsurance so they sometimes pay lumps sums. If I am drawing money from two different payments only one can go on copay and the rest has to go under the date. It would be good to pull from multiple payments to add money to the copay.

• Elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one has been a problem on more than one occasion. The solution was to split the copay paid into payments that equal the copay due. This was not a good solution because I no longer carry accurate transaction records in TO. Instead I have to depend on notes explaining why the dollar amount recorded is different from what the patient actually paid.

Feedback and Knowledge Base